Throughout this article, I will teach you how can you create a higher-valued online coaching program or a course.
If you are new to online coaching, consider reading this article where I explain to you how to build a full-time online coaching business first.
WHAT ARE WE GOING TO COVER:
Choosing the niche/Deciding on the major outcome that you will be delivering
I am not sure in which stage of “starting your online coaching practice” you are, but if you are just choosing your “niche”, there exist a few overall categories in which you can help other people advance in life (To see examples of 100’s of online coaching niches, read this article):
- Mindset – Spirituality, life balance, manifestations, emotions, confidence
- Relationships – Dating, marriage, teamwork, leadership
- Health – Health solutions, weight-loss, fitness
- Career – Money, business, job promotion, productivity
- Hobbies – Instrument, sports, cooking, …
If you find yourself being good in any of these aspects of life, and you are just 1 or 2 steps ahead of another person, you will be able to “monetize” your skills, knowledge, and value!
To choose your niche, identify your “expertise” by answering the following questions:
- What are the challenges that you went through and have successfully overcome?
- What are your current gifts, skills, and expertise?!
- What are the things that come easy to you – but are harder for others to figure out?
- Which of those are you the most passionate about?
- What would you like to be the most known for?
- If you have already worked with any clients previously, what is that you helped them with, and what are the outcomes they achieved?
Now, decide on the niche category in which you would like to participate as an online life coach. Write it down.
(Example: I help you lose weight by mastering nutrition, optimizing meal planning, and improving your exercising skills)
THE MAJOR OUTCOME THAT I DELIVER TO OTHERS IS: __________________________
Deciding on the major outcome, you don’t need to overcomplicate it right now. We just wanted to think about an overall picture of the niche industry that you will be focused on helping.
Identify the value that you will be delivering to people
The first step of creating a higher-value signature program is to identify the value that you will be delivering to other people and with that a certain major outcome, for which you will be paid.
The value that you deliver to others is identified by the size of the challenge (or a problem) that you help them overcome.
The size of the gap, that’s standing in front of them preventing them to achieve the desired outcome on their own.
Now, after you know about an overall outcome you will be delivering to people, your goal will need to identify the value.
And do to that, you will need to get clear on two things:
- What is the exact outcome that people want to achieve – Their desired situation (point B),
- Desires they have about it
- Outcomes they want to have
- Benefits/life of ease they want to achieve
- How do they want to feel/be
- What are the things that will be “right” for them!
- What is the struggle [the gap] preventing them to achieve it – Their current situation (point A)
- All the problems they have
- All the questions they have
- All the knowledge pieces needed to learn
The better you can identify both points, the clearer will the gap be, and the better solution you can prepare for your ideal client.